I’ll probably use this on the first day of school
To counter one of the most abused words in (screen)writing, Go Into The Story has put together 115 word alternatives to the active verb “walks.”
Enrich your vocabulary with some more unusual synonyms to everyday words.
Beautiful Libraries | Admont Abbey Library, Admont, Austria
pronunciation | ‘bron-tId (brawn-TIDE)
Wow,I love this!
All too wellll
honesty, good one Abe
addressing les miserables misconceptions and such i’ve seen around just because:
- Valjean was a dangerous man before meeting the bishop. He didn’t “just” steal a loaf of bread - prison hardened him into a vicious man (who, of course, changes his ways after meeting the bishop but only after actually robbing him.)
- This is why Javert is chasing him. Again, not because of a freakin loaf of bread. He sees Valjean as this dangerous criminal who can never change, and who’s now broken parole and could easily harm others. Logical thinking is that he should catch him, right? Right.
- Fantine doesn’t just randomly trust Valjean with her daughter after two minutes. She’s a worker at his factory, and knows he is the mayor who is respected. Plus, after Valjean brings her to the hospital, he visits her numerous times before her death.
- ps fantine is blonde ok
- The Thenardiers are not just comic relief oh my lord. They are despicable, cruel and only obsessed with money. They don’t care for their son at all, physically/emotionally/mentally abuse Cosette as a child so much so that she’s literally too scared to even move when living with them as she knows she’ll be beaten, it’s highly implied that Thenardier prostitutes Eponine when she’s older, etc. NOT GOOD PEOPLE AT ALL DO U THINK THIS IS A FREAKIN GAME.
- Cosette. Wow she’s so amazing my golly gosh. She’s one of the most important characters in the whole thing: she connects Fantine to Valjean, she’s the reason Valjean learns to love, she ties in the revolutionary plot by falling in love with Marius. SHE IS NOT BORING OR SELFISH my god, she is just a teenage girl (like so many of us) who wants to know the truth about her past and happens to find love - which, I might add, develops over a long period of time, not just a day. Give her a break jeez.
- ps cosette is brunette ok
- Eponine isn’t just part of the “”“love triangle”“”. First of all, she’s really not even in love with Marius. She’s absolutely infatuated with him; obsessed with the idea of someone like him actually loving her. She’s so, so degraded in society that she goes mad and clings onto the only glimmer of hope she sees. She’s brought up in such a wretched state of poverty by the Thenardiers that she’s made to be completely selfish and goes mad, and it’s only through death that she can finally escape this. And that’s so freakin sad omg can we focus on that rather than whether she “”deserved”” Marius.
- also sorry to burst your bubble but she’s not hot ok please stop saying marius should have gone with her because she’s hot or i s2g i’m gonna scream
- ENJOLRAS IS MORE THAN JUST A PRETTY FACE. that’s all.